Dar es Salaam Birdwatching Tours
Dar es salaam has around 410 species of total 1097 birds in Tanzania. This is one of the best cities in the world to watch thousand of migrants waders alongside its unspoilt coastline from September to April.
The city has been blessed with lots of gardens, shrubs and coastline forest reserves in Pugu hills and Kazimzumbwi/dondwe, the surrounding of University of Dar es Salaam, the Ocean corridor and South Beach where you can find those frugivorous, insectivorous, seedeaters and carnivorous species.
Birdlife International has recognized Dar es salaam as an Important Bird Area or IBA, this means Dar es salaam is essential birds paradise habitat.
All these tours can be organized on a day trip basis from Dar es Salaam city.
The best birding tour time is 06h00 to 17h00.
- Park fees
- Transport to and from
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Guide book
- Bird guide/Ornithologist
- 1.5 ltr mineral water per person per day
- International and domestic flights costs
- All items of a personal nature
- Tipping and gratuities
- Travel insurance and Visa fees
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Activities mentioned as to be done in Mafia: – These need to be arranged directly with the lodge